CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CubsHQ Mailbag: Umpire accountability, the electronic strike zone, setup-man options
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

CubsHQ Mailbag: Umpire accountability, the electronic strike zone, setup-man options

Jul 3, 2019, 7:17 PM

I was livid when they first started touting the electronic zone, as “human error” was always the wildcard factor in baseball, but some of these calls are getting crazy.
Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CubsHQ Mailbag: Umpire accountability, the electronic strike zone, setup-man options

Jul 4, 2019, 7:57 AM

To be honest. If you take away stat cast strike zone . There's nothing to say here. I agree. The umps blow alot of calls , (obvious ones). They are judgment calls and it should stay that way. The replay needs to go as well. Let baseball be baseball. Its turning into a life size video game. DUMB.

Re: CubsHQ Mailbag: Umpire accountability, the electronic strike zone, setup-man options

Jul 4, 2019, 9:22 AM

Not sure what people would argue about if we didn't have umps making so many bad calls. People would lose their minds in boredom.

Jul 4, 2019, 1:23 PM

Are you saying that you watch baseball because of the umpires?

Jul 4, 2019, 1:44 PM

no...I'm saying some people need something to complain about while watching the game to keep them interested.

Jul 4, 2019, 2:17 PM

Ah.

The best games are the ones decided by the okayers

Jul 4, 2019, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Re: CubsHQ Mailbag: Umpire accountability, the electronic strike zone, setup-man options ]

Meaning there’s no umpire calls to argue about. And most games are dang well called. The average guy couldn’t do what these umpires do when there are bang bang plays. I salute the umpires of today. Most aren’t gambling on the game unlike basketball refs. They’re decent people trying to make a living.

Re: The best games are the ones decided by the okayers

Jul 4, 2019, 9:52 PM

Did you just call Joe West decent people?

oops***

Jul 5, 2019, 4:32 AM

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic