CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cubs News and Notes: Cubs linked to Nolan Arenado, Marquee Network, Hot Stove, more
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Cubs News and Notes: Cubs linked to Nolan Arenado, Marquee Network, Hot Stove, more

Jan 8, 2020, 8:34 AM

Last week it was Jon Morosi and now Jeff Passan has now linked the Cubs to Nolan Arenado.
Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cubs News and Notes: Cubs linked to Nolan Arenado, Marquee Network, Hot Stove, more

Jan 9, 2020, 2:35 AM

Excellent article Mr. Allison. I too originally was disturbed the Cubs (Mr. Ricketts) were not going to open up the purse strings this winter to at least sign Castellanos. But I soon came to the the conclusion that even without that the Cubs although they will not be favored in the Central in 2020, they should be in the mix. I too am looking for bounce back seasons for Lester, Q, and a full season of the revitalized Yu & Chattwood. Still hoping the Cubs can get a trade done with Bryant for some young hot starting pitching prospects. Then use the money saved from Bryant to sign Castellanos. The Cubs can move Bote to 3rd and Horner to 2nd base. Or resign Russell at a much lower price to play shortstop and let Javy bring his Gold glove to 3rd base.
I'm so sorry to hear about that poor girl who got hit by Almora's ball. I will keep her in my prayers. Knowing how emotional Albert is I fear this will mess with his mind all 2020.

Re: Cubs News and Notes: Cubs linked to Nolan Arenado, Marquee Network, Hot Stove, more

Jan 9, 2020, 9:02 AM

Hopefully Almora Jr. will bounce back and surprise a lot of people with a strong 2020. It would be much needed.

Jan 9, 2020, 11:30 AM

I agree cucubbie. Almora stepping up this year is really needed by the Cubs. I would really like to see this kid put it all together this year. He seems like a first class guy.

Message was edited by: Ken®

Jan 9, 2020, 9:48 PM

Yea I'm pulling for him. A lot of expectations was placed on him and hopefully, this is the year his offense comes around with his good defense.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic