»
Topic: Cubs News and Notes: 2020 Predictions, Marquee meltdown, Jason Kipnis, Betts to Dodgers
Replies: 4   Last Post: Feb 5, 2020, 2:31 PM by: cucubbie®
[ Chicago Sports HQ Forums - CubsHQ ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

Cubs News and Notes: 2020 Predictions, Marquee meltdown, Jason Kipnis, Betts to Dodgers

Posted: Feb 5, 2020, 7:50 AM

Cubs News and Notes: 2020 Predictions, Marquee meltdown, Jason Kipnis, Betts to Dodgers

Many have been worried about the Cubs’ slow offseason, figuring team to land in the bottom half of the standings; USA Today agrees. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg link

Re: Cubs News and Notes: 2020 Predictions, Marquee meltdown, Jason Kipnis, Betts to Dodgers

Posted: Feb 5, 2020, 9:26 AM

Boy that line by Ty Cobb was Ty Cobb to a Tee. I remember as a youngster my dad would tell me stories how Cobb would sit in the dugout so the other team could see him, and he would use a file on his spikes. Then when he would slide into second he would always go feet in the air.
Sad situation with Marquee network. As much as I love my Cubs I'm not sure I would pay $13 a month to watch them. As a retiree living on Social Security I have to watch every buck. I'm kind of getting resolved to the idea of just listening along with the best radio team of Pat & Ron and following along and commenting on Yahoo's game day.

Re: Cubs News and Notes: 2020 Predictions, Marquee meltdown, Jason Kipnis, Betts to Dodgers

Posted: Feb 5, 2020, 10:43 AM

Ty Cobb was certainly an interesting fellow. I wonder how he would be viewed nowadays if he played.

Posted: Feb 5, 2020, 2:14 PM

Cobb was a great talent, but there is no room in baseball for his unsportsmanship and anger. I think he would think todays ball players are sissies.

Message was edited by: Ken®

Posted: Feb 5, 2020, 2:30 PM

Agreed 100 percent.

Replies: 4  
[ Chicago Sports HQ Forums - CubsHQ ]
Start New Topic
1411 people have read this post