»
Topic: Is Anthony Rizzo seriously a legitimate leadoff hitter?
Replies: 3   Last Post: Aug 2, 2017 1:23 PM by: cucubbie®
[ Main Cubs Boards - General Baseball ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 3   Pages: 1  

Is Anthony Rizzo seriously a legitimate leadoff hitter?

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 11:13 PM

If not for a questionable decision by the umpires tonight, Anthony Rizzo would have three games batting leadoff with three home runs to start the game, something that is almost unheard of. But do those homers signify that Rizzo's a legitimate leadoff hitter, or will they ultimately prove him to be a flash in the pan at leadoff if he is left in that spot for a lengthy stretch of time?

Message was edited by: colelittle7®

Message was edited by: colelittle7®

Re: Is Anthony Rizzo seriously a legitimate leadoff hitter?

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 11:19 PM

I thought it was crazy at first glance but I guess we will see how it plays out over a few weeks. It is one of the most interesting storylines for the season for the Cubs.

Right now, I think the Cubs need his energy and confidence at the top of the order. Once others start to hit like they should, maybe they can slide him back to 3rd.

Posted: Jun 18, 2017 12:22 PM

Welp, another decent performance from him last night (2-4). It's just strange that Maddon refuses to put one of the middle infielders or Almora in the leadoff spot. Breaking up the Bryant-Rizzo tandem in the middle of the order could cause problems in the long run.

Posted: Aug 2, 2017 1:23 PM

I'm so happy the Cubs best power hitter is no longer batting leadoff. I hope that idea is dead forever.

Replies: 3   Pages: 1  

[ Main Cubs Boards - General Baseball ]
Start New Topic
614 people have read this post