»
Topic: MVP
Replies: 4   Last Post: Aug 2, 2017 1:19 PM by: cucubbie®
[ Main Cubs Boards - General Baseball ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4   Pages: 1  

MVP

Posted: Jul 30, 2017 10:42 PM

Who is the MVP of the Cubs so far this season? No one is really having a career year but still in first place.

Re: MVP

Posted: Jul 31, 2017 12:26 PM

That is certainly an interesting question. Two guys that have had surprisingly good years come to mind in Wilson Contreras and Wade Davis.

Contreras has been a big reason for the turnaround recently with his .321 average with 7 homers and 19 RBI in the month of July. He is also played well defensively and one of the emotional leaders of the team.

Davis has also been impressive as he hasn't blown a save all year long which has stabilized the back end of the bullpen in 2017.

1. Willson Conteras
2. Wade Davis
3. Bryzzo

Posted: Jul 31, 2017 2:40 PM

I love the Bryzzo nomination. Why not take it a step further and nominate Bryzzobrist? (Even if Zobrist is batting just .219.)

Posted: Jul 31, 2017 2:38 PM

Cubs MVP? Uehara, no doubt.

But seriously though, I agree with cucubbie. Willson Contreras has been MVP so far. Top defensive weapon on the team and an X-factor at the plate. 2nd on team in RBI and 4th in homers in just his 2nd year. Impressive. And it's crazy to think that of all the Cubs' young stars, he was probably the least heralded when he first made it onto the 25-man roster.

Posted: Aug 2, 2017 1:19 PM

You made me chuckle with the Koji for MVP comment. LOL

Replies: 4   Pages: 1  

[ Main Cubs Boards - General Baseball ]
Start New Topic
279 people have read this post