CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm done. Maddon needs to be fired!
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

I'm done. Maddon needs to be fired!

Oct 19, 2017, 9:09 PM

All his antics are just stupid when you don't have your team ready to play. He is totally overrated as a manager. The team won last season in spite of him.

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm done. Maddon needs to be fired!

Oct 19, 2017, 11:42 PM

Interesting point. While I do think firing him is incredibly drastic and especially unlikely, I am in agreement that his "antics" did largely contribute to the strangeness that was this season for the Cubs. Constant lineup changes and weird batting order experiments prevented hitters from getting into a rhythm. (Thus, the living and dying by the home-run ball thing...)

Also, his insistence on pulling starters early was primarily why Chicago nearly lost to Washington in the NLDS, and that was another strange theme of this season.

Maddon does seem to get in his way sometimes. He is one of the relatively few widely-respected managers in MLB today, and it's partially because of his wiliness. However, this year, he didn't exactly play it safe with a roster that was built around aging starters, a subpar bullpen and a batting order featuring several unpredictable hitters.

He may need to return to the basics a little more next season.

Oct 20, 2017, 12:05 AM

Whoa now...three straight NLCS series is pretty good and just about any other team would love to have Maddon.

Do you not remember the frustrating ways of Dusty Baker?

Oct 21, 2017, 5:32 AM

How long have you been a Cardinal fan? It's either that or you are new to the game of baseball and don't really know enough about the game to offer any series analysis.

Oct 21, 2017, 10:29 AM

I've been a Cubs fan since Walton and Smith went back to back ROY. Maddon is terrible. What was your analysis of pitching Chapman's arm off in the World Series?

Oct 22, 2017, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm done. Maddon needs to be fired! ]

Hi The Putch. Thanks for joining CubsHQ. I just wanted to reach out and see if you have any questions about the site. Looking forward to having you around!

Oct 23, 2017, 4:36 PM

NO WAY THE CUBS WOULD NOT HAVE DONE AS WELL THE LAST 3 YEARS IF IT HADN'T BEEN FOR JOE MADDON, HE DID VERY GOOD JOB WITH THE GUYS, I HOPE HE STAY AROUND FOR A LONG TIME, FOR ALL HE HAS DONE HE DESERVES BETTER.THE PERSON WHO THINKS JOE SHOULD BE FIRED SHOULD TRY WALKING IN JOES SHOES

Oct 23, 2017, 5:06 PM

Honest question. What makes you think the Cubs would have not done as well? They have like second highest payroll in the game and some of the best stars in all of baseball. I believe they were favored to win the World Series two years in a row.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic