Cubs Corner with Dustin Riese: Overview of Cubs trades, Prospect and farm system analysis
|Sunday, October 24, 2021, 8:08 AM- -|
On this edition of the Cubs Corner, presented by Coach’s Bar and Grill, Anthony welcomed CubsHQ’s very own Dustin Riese to break down all things Cubs prospects as the Cubs try to build the next great Cubs team.
*Coach’s Bar and Grill is located at 6169 N Northwest Highway on the Northwest Side of Chicago and is open for business this fall. Check out their website or Facebook page for deals during bears games and more.*
The episode began with Dustin outlining the troubles that 2020 caused the organization and certain players with a lack of a minor league season. However, he was also able to explain how important it was for the MLB to have a full minor league season and a larger draft — and what it meant for various players and their developments.
Riese also gave his thoughts on all of the trades the Cubs made this season.
* Rizzo to the Yankees for Kevin Alcantara and Alexander Visciano
* Bryant to the Giants for Alexander Canario and Caleb Killian
* Craig Kimbrel to the White Sox for Nick Madrigal and Codi Huer
* Joc Pederson to the Braves for Bryce Ball
* Ryan Tepera to the White Sox for Bailey Horn
* Jake Marisnick to the Padres for Anderson Espinosa
* Andrew Chafin to the A’s for Greg Deichman and Daniel Palencia
Plus he gave excellent insight on the rest of the Cubs farm system and gave some predictions on who may come to the big leagues in 2022.
That and more on this edition of the Cubs Corner.
As always this episode is available on Apple Podcasts, Soundcloud, and the CubsHQ website.