Chicago Cubs: Hendricks gets food poisoning at Taco Bell
|Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 6:52 PM- -|
Cubs standout pitcher Kyle Hendricks had an interesting trip to Las Vegas on Saturday, to say the least.
First, there was a shooting outside of their team hotel while they were being transported to their game. Once at the game, the Cubs destroyed the Reds 22-4 during the spring training game making it the biggest point spread of 2017.
Later that night, Hendricks went to get some food at Taco Bell and got food poisoning according to ESPN.
"I felt awful," Hendricks told ESPN's Jesse Rogers.
Luckily, Hendricks is not slated to start until game five of the regular season so he can gradually get back to full strength.
Hendricks was 16-8 with a sparkling 2.13 ERA with 170 strikeouts and a 0.98 WHIP in 2016. For his career, he is 31-17 with a 2.92 ERA with 170 strikeouts and a 1.07 WHIP.