Chicago's Top Chefs headed to Wrigley Field
CHICAGO (May 24, 2017) – The Chicago Cubs and hospitality partner Levy are setting a new gold standard for gourmet ballpark food with the launch of the rotating Chef Series presented by Maker’s Mark. World-renowned, award-winning Chicago chefs will dish up dynamic, chef-inspired takes on ballpark fare during a rotating pop-up series in the recently refreshed Sheffield Counter on the main concourse.
“We’ve emphasized cultivating Wrigley Field’s food culture this season, and want fans to leave a game feeling like they’ve truly experienced a taste of Chicago,” said David Burns, executive chef for Levy at Wrigley Field. “The Chef Series brings diverse perspectives on ballpark fare from some of the city’s favorite chefs.”
“When you think of Chicago’s best chefs, the award-winning names participating in our Chef Series rise to the top,” added Alex Sugarman, senior vice president, strategy and ballpark operations, Chicago Cubs. “Since the inception of our restoration project, our food and beverage offerings have improved dramatically, and we’re honored these elite chefs will advance those efforts with their unique culinary approaches. We are excited to partner with them as we focus on continuously improving the fan experience at Wrigley Field."
Each chef will serve up signature menus inspired by their favorite ballpark eats, reflecting their restaurants and signature culinary flare, on a rotating basis beginning June 2 when the Cubs take on the St. Louis Cardinals. Levy will continue to serve ballpark favorites at Sheffield Counter following the Chef Series dates, and will collaborate with chefs to bring their menus to life.
The powerhouse Chef Series lineup features:
· Stephanie Izard: Iron Chef and Top Chef winner, and James Beard Award recipient, Izard will appropriately keep with the goat culinary theme found at her renowned Chicago restaurants Girl & the Goat, Little Goat Diner, and Duck Duck Goat in early June
· Matthias Merges: Acclaimed chef and owner of some of Chicago’s most eclectic neighborhood restaurants, Merges will infuse flavors from his culinary hotspot Yusho and award-winning bar Billy Sunday in late June and early July.
· Jeff Mauro: Host of Food Network’s The Kitchen and Pork & Mindy’s executive chef and partner, Mauro will bring his creative BBQ chops and sandwich prowess in late July.
· Rick Bayless: 2017 James Beard Outstanding Restaurant recipient and lauded TV host, Bayless will bring his highly acclaimed Mexican flavors to the ballpark in early August.
· Graham Elliot: Award-winning chef, restaurateur, television personality, and cookbook author, Elliot’s menu will showcase his take on classic American cuisine in mid- and late-August.
Thanks for visiting CubsHQ.com. Follow our Facebook page to get updates on your news feed!