Kris Bryant injury update
|2017-06-28 22:08:25.0- -||
Chicago Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant suffered an ankle injury after stepping on the third base bag awkwardly in the fifth inning against the Washington Nationals.
Bryant had to be helped off the field by manager Joe Maddon with a trainer and Bryant could not put any weight on his right ankle as they ushered him into the locker room.
The Cubs announced after the game is that Bryant has a 'mild to a moderate right ankle sprain' as the x-rays came back negative. There has been no decision yet on him being placed on the disabled list but has already been ruled out of Thursday's game.
Check out the video of Bryant getting injured below.
- Molina calls Kris Bryant 'stupid and loser' for comments about St. Louis
- Kris Bryant's heartfelt message to Cubs fans: "We love you guys"
- Maddon discusses the status of Yu Darvish
- WATCH: Schwarber, Bryant attempt to floss dance
- Bryant frustrated for free-agent slugger Bryce Harper
- WATCH: Rizzo calls Kris Bryant at CubsCon
- Cubs claim lefty pitcher from White Sox
- WATCH: Kris Bryant talks smack about St. Louis
- Bryant on Russell distraction: "I wasn't involved in it"
- Tom Ricketts discusses Cubs financial situation