MLB announces latest COVID-19 test results
|Friday, September 4, 2020, 11:11 AM-|
Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association jointly announced today the latest COVID-19 testing results under MLB’s COVID-19 Health Monitoring & Testing Plan, through the end of Thursday, September 3rd:
Covered Individuals are now in Monitoring Testing. To date, the results of Monitoring Testing are as follows:
• The number of monitoring samples collected and tested in the past week was 12,780.
• 1 of these 12,780 samples, which is 0.008%, was a new positive.
• There was 1 positive among players and 0 among staff members.
• There were no new positives for the 5th consecutive day and for the 10th time in the past 12 days.
• The total number of monitoring samples collected and tested has been 103,668.
• 85 of these 103,668 samples, which is 0.08%, have been new positives.
• 55 of the 85 positives have been players and 30 have been staff members.
• 21 different Clubs have had a Covered Individual test positive during Monitoring Testing.