Chicago Cubs: Food and Beer menu, First pitch and TV info, Promotions for Wrigley Homestand
|Thursday, April 4, 2019 4:18 PM-|
CHICAGO – The Chicago Cubs will kick off the 2019 season at Wrigley Field Monday, April 8, at 1:20 p.m. against the Pittsburgh Pirates. The first homestand of the season includes a three-game series with the Pirates April 8, 10-11, followed by an Interleague matchup against the Los Angeles Angels April 12-14.
New this season, fans will enjoy an enhanced gameday experience with the addition of the upper level concourse with more food and beverage options, seating in the right and left Terrace Level, a seat renumbering system, which will make the ballpark easier to navigate, and expanded free Wi-Fi service powered by Xfinity is available throughout the ballpark and Gallagher Way using the network labeled "[email protected]" Fans can learn more at www.wrigleyfield.com.
The Cubs are bringing back the affordable ticket program 10/Sixty Tickets for its second year. 10/Sixty Tickets, named in honor of Wrigley Field’s famed address: 1060 W. Addison St., offers 60 lower-level Terrace seats priced at $10 inclusive of taxes and fees for all 2019 regular season home games. Fans can submit an online registration through MLB’s Ballpark app or by visiting www.cubs.com/10sixtytickets.
A limited amount of tickets remain available for the Cubs home opener. Fans can purchase tickets by visiting www.cubs.com or calling 800-THE-CUBS. Tickets will be delivered exclusively through the free MLB Ballpark app, which is a secure and convenient way to instantly access Cubs tickets. For more information about the MLB Ballpark app, visit www.cubs.com/ballparkapp.
Food and Beverage Offerings:
The Chicago Cubs and hospitality partner Levy are bringing a locally sourced focus to Wrigley Field dining locations in 2019. New food and beverage offerings this season include:
• Pork Tenders: crispy hand-breaded pork strips served with Japanese barbecue sauce, cabbage and carrot slaw
• Beer Can Chicken Sandwich: beer-marinated chicken breast served with dijonnaise, shredded lettuce, tomato and bacon on a brioche bun
• Wrigley House Chips: ranch-seasoned chips made in-house, served with Buffalo ranch dipping sauce
• Short Rib Disco Fries: braised beef short rib, roasted garlic aioli, queso fresco and green onions atop crispy fries
• Italian-Seasoned Chicken Sandwich: Italian-seasoned grilled chicken with Controne pepper, pesto aioli, lettuce and vine-ripe tomatoes, served on a split top bun
• Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich: Gruyere, Butterkäse and cheddar cheese with tomato jam, served alongside house-made chips and a creamy pesto dip
• Crispy Pork Sandwich: crispy breaded pork strips on a pretzel bun, topped with house-made pickles and onions, creamy Dijon, lettuce and vine-ripe tomatoes
• Impossible Burger: plant-based meat alternative with the same aroma and juiciness of real beef, served with chipotle lime aioli, American cheese, lettuce and tomato on a brioche bun
• Southwest Fiesta Specialty Hot Dog: Vienna Beef hot dog topped with chili lime crema, pico de gallo, tortilla strips and house-made pickled peppers
• Walking Taco: Fritos topped with chili con carne, nacho cheese, pico de gallo and pickled jalapeños
Expanded selection of craft beer and local brews:
Fans can sip new flavors and varieties of beer, cider, wine and spiked seltzer this season. More than a dozen new draft and packaged craft beer selections will be served across the venue from breweries with Chicago and Midwestern roots. Alongside domestic draft favorites, fans will find cream and fruit ales, mango wheats, German style Kölsch, rosé cider and local IPA. Fans can order wine by the bottle served in a souvenir Cubs carafe or sample a rotating selection of seasonal varietals thanks to an expanded partnership with Terlato Wines.
Chicago's favorite local flavors:
Wrigley Field will once again feature Chicago culinary staples Buona Beef, Garrett Popcorn, Giordano's, Fannie May, Vienna Beef and more.
Hot Doug's returns this season with its rotating selections on Platform 14, located behind the center field scoreboard in the Budweiser Bleachers. Served this homestand are the Les Lancaster, a beef and pork thuringer sausage with Goose Island beer mustard, caramelized onions and shredded cheddar cheese; the Ken Rudolph, a Jamaican jerk pork sausage with cumin dijonnaise, smoked gouda cheese and fried plantain chips; and the Rick Reuschel, a spicy Vienna Beef sausage with jalapeño mustard, pepper jack cheese and crispy fried onions.
Homestand Details, April 8, 10-14:
Monday, April 8, Chicago Cubs vs. Pittsburgh Pirates, 1:20 p.m.
· Promotion: Cubs Magnet Schedule presented by Giordano’s, up to the first 30,000 early arriving fans
· Pregame: Ceremonial flyover from the 90th Flying Training Squadron out of Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
· National anthem and God Bless America: Wayne Messmer
· First pitch: Cubs Hall of Famers Andre Dawson, Fergie Jenkins, Ryne Sandberg, Lee Smith and Billy Williams
· 7th inning stretch: Lee Smith, National Baseball Hall of Fame 2019 inductee
· Broadcast: ABC7, MLB Network, 670 The Score, Cubs.com
Wednesday, April 10, Chicago Cubs vs. Pittsburgh Pirates, 7:05 p.m.
· Special Ticket Offer: Boy Scouts
· Pregame: Anthony Rizzo will be presented with the 2018 Rawlings Gold Glove Award
· First pitch: Actor Joonas Suotamo, best known for his role as Chewbacca in “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” “The Last Jedi,” “Solo” and the
upcoming December release of “Star Wars: Episode IX”
· Broadcast: WGN, 670 The Score, Cubs.com
Thursday, April 11, Chicago Cubs vs. Pittsburgh Pirates, 7:05 p.m.
· Pregame: Javier Báez will be presented with the 2018 Silver Slugger Award
· Special Ticket Offer: Autism Awareness
· First pitch: “ER” and “The Red Line” actor and KultureCity board member Noah Wyle
· Broadcast: NBC Sports Chicago, MLB Network, 670 The Score, Cubs.com
Friday, April 12, Chicago Cubs vs. Los Angeles Angels, 1:20 p.m.
· Pregame: Cubs Charities Diamond Project groundbreaking ceremony at Morgan Park High School
· Postgame: Joe Maddon will launch his annual “Respect Community” T-shirt initiative by representing Urban Initiatives, a sports-based youth development organization
· Broadcast: NBC Sports Chicago, MLB Network, 670 The Score, Cubs.com
Saturday, April 13, Chicago Cubs vs. Los Angeles Angels, 1:20 p.m.
· Promotion: Cubs and Star Wars Blanket presented by Gonnella Baking Co., up to the first 10,000 early arriving fans
· First pitch: Jon Favreau, writer and executive producer of the Star Wars series "The Mandalorian"
· Broadcast: ABC7, 670 The Score, Cubs.com
Sunday, April 14, Chicago Cubs vs. Los Angeles Angels, 1:20 p.m.
· Promotion: Replica Wrigley Field Statue presented by Xfinity, up to the first 10,000 early arriving fans
· Special Ticket Offer: Jackie Robinson
· Partner activation: Xfinity social lounges featuring charging tables and photo opportunities for fans located in Gallagher Way and on the second level of the Gallagher Way Gate
· Pregame: Ceremony to honor the legacy of Jackie Robinson
· First pitch and 7th inning stretch: Chicago Bears safety Eddie Jackson
· Broadcast: WGN, 670 The Score, WRTO 1200, Cubs.com
· Postgame: Kids Run The Bases, first 1,000 kids 13 and younger